Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More Few Good Men

As a follow up to the previous post, here's another young guy who is saying (and displaying on the field) all the right things.  Ronald Leary comments from the Star-Telegram:


“It’s man-on-man,” he said. “You line up, he puts his hand down, and it’s, ‘Who’s going to knock who off the ball?’ ”

Leary played every snap in the game.
“You never want anybody to get hurt,” Leary said. “The game of football is about opportunities, so if I get an opportunity, I’m going to take full advantage of it. … You always want to start.”
Leary said he was tired after the game but that it was a “good” tired. And he was glad to hear that he was praised by owner Jerry Jones, one of his champions last year when he signed as an undrafted free agent with the Cowboys.
“I didn’t hear him say that, but for you to say he said it, that’s an honor for him to say that,” Leary said. “There have been a lot of great offensive linemen to come through here, and for him to say that after one game, it’s a good feeling. I know I’m nowhere near where I want to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment